Flip Flop Makers
Founded in 2011, in a small shop on the Big Island of Hawaii, Flip Flop Makers (originally Flip Flop Workshop) is a family-owned business that is in the process of expanding and evolving. With locations in Honolulu and Waikiki, as well as stores on cruise ships and in family resorts, Flip Flop Makers is a colorful place where staff is dedicated to celebrating the creativity of each customer. We provide a joyful, one-of-a-kind retail custom-design experience that is fun and memorable for all ages.
We are growing! Customers’ rave reviews about the creative process of designing and decorating their own "Hawaiian slippers" are so positive, we are bringing this awesome concept to the world beyond our shores. To find out more about partnering with us, please go to our Contact page.
Our family is also concerned about homeless issues in Hawaii and makes regular donations of our flip flops to a variety of local organizations.
Awards / Recognition
- Winner: "Best New Retail Business Award" (2014) - by the Retail Merchants Association of Hawaii.
- Winner: "Best Commercial Building Award" (2015) - by the Hawaii Building Industry Association.
- Awarded: #4 of "Hawaii's Fastest 50 Companies" (2016) - by Pacific Business News.
- Featured: “Memories Do Last A Lifetime” (2016) - by the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa.
- Expansion: Partner Expansion (2017) - Opened locations on Carnival Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean International ships.